Now, for a week after we found this out we got to give him pills twice a day. Thank Bast he’ll eat the new loosening stuff in stinky-food. So that’s a bit less stress, right? Well, he has to be kept separate from the others for a couple of days so we moved most of the cat food out of B____’s room and put in a litter box. Earlier this evening he was trying to dig his way out under the door.
The thing that gets to me the most, that can flick it’s needle talons under my skin and flick my defenses apart like nothing else? Something small crying out helplessly in pain or fear. If you’re around me when a baby starts crying you’ll see me looking for exits. I get into a fix or flight thing, and I just don’t grok babies. I’m a bit better with cats, and I spent some time talking to him through the door. I then took out my frustrations on Smacky in a scritchfest that launched him into one of his productions of Cirque Du Chat. It helped. Of course I'm still a bit rattled, but hey...
Here are Smacky and Poe in more relaxed times:
