Thursday, May 24, 2007

The Good, The Bad, and The Cowboy Hat

So this morning I got on my bike for the fourth time this year, the third time this season and month, and the first “real” ride of the year. It was just to The Willows and back via the far side of Marblehead so I can get the hill on Tucker St. which reminds me of the hills of my childhood.

I seem to be in better shape than I thought I was. The ride was easier than it should have been.


When I got home the next task was to put a new air conditioner into the bed room. I was at the last step when it fell out of the (second story) window.

The term I was raised with for such an occurrence is, “Piss, Grime, and Corruption!” (which can be compared to, “Eat, Bite, Fuck, Suck, Gobble, Nibble, Chew, Shitty-Ass, Prick, Tit, Piss, Cunt, Screw...” which was the unholy litany I learned in summer camp.)

I went out and pruned away my troubles.

We have a new air conditioner. I’m going to do more to insure it’s securely in this time.