Ok, I can't get off this new phone kick. It's not one of those Apple-born Jesus Phones, but it's mine and I like it. Except for that ringtone problem. I'd really like to be able to add my own noises to it.
It's a Motorola w385 that I got from CREDO moblile™. Their WAP site links to Myxter to get ringtones. When I try I get either a 905 error, or the files come as midi (file.mid) which play in the browser, but won't work as ringtones.
I've talked to CREDO, and the nice people said talk to Myxter. So far, Myxter hasn't gotten back to me.
I've seen some windows-based solutions, but I'm running a 2001 Mac with OS X 10.3, and really don't have windows access.
So, I ask you lazyweb, am I really and truly doomed to the default sounds in my phone?
----------------
Now playing: Big Black - Precious Thing
via FoxyTunes